October 17, 2010

Cha-Cha-Cha-Changes!

Oh have I fallen behind! I missed last week's blog which I had already named "Yard Sale For My Wedding Veil" - haha! Basically I had shared with ya'll that I was getting rid of tons of stuff to make room for my fiance...well in the process I made $142.00 - Yeah! Plus I had sold $205 worth of stuff on Craigslist! I still have about $400 worth left to sell - so hopefully I get some hits here! I also learned how to do E-Bay and plan to sell some of my more expensive stuff (Coach bag and wallets, Kate Spade bag and wallet, Sherry Hill and Joviani pageant gowns - I've got a lot of good stuff that has to go!) So hopefully I can up the cashflow in - which would help furnish our home a little more personally and help with the wedding :-)

Last week I got a ton done! I found my Bridesmaid gifts and started purchasing them. Three down - five to go! I shall not tell what it is but let's just say I really hope I have some extra money when all is said and done so I can treat myself to the same gift :-) I kinda sorta love what I'm buying them and would really like to own it as well! Okay enough on that subject!!!

Another topic that I can't speak too much on but have nailed down is my centerpieces!!! I will not tell what they are but I can say this much...I've never been to a wedding with anything like it! I think it's pretty unique and I'm super excited for it! It's a bit more practical then flowers -- which my husband-to-be appreciates - haha!

We also booked our photographer last week!! Milla C Photography will do our pictures and I am thrilled! Milla actually shoots with her husband Brad so we will have two photographers with two different styles capturing our wedding! Milla and Brad do GREAT work and are super sweet on top of it! One of the things that I love about them is that they capture the moments you'd miss if you blinked. Nothing is fake or posed - it's all real moments - this is EXACTLY what I was looking for! Check out their website...
Milla also blogs her weddings which I find ultra-cool as I'm a blogger :-)

So enough on last week - let's jump right into the "Cha-Cha-Cha-Changes" of this week! BIG NEWS!!! Patrick and I actually decided to change our church...very bold I know! But it's all for the best we feel. See originally we were getting married at my childhood church, St. Cyril of Alexandria, at 2:30 PM with the reception starting at 5:30 PM. When I first told Patrick about it I don't think it registered to him that there would be a 2 hour gap between the ceremony and reception that guests would have to fend for themselves with. When he didn't say anything I thought I had the green light. Well it all sank in this week and I got a big giant red light! I totally got where Patrick was coming from with not liking the idea of our guests having to wait around for us so my mom and I started to brainstorm. We came up with St. Paul's Cathedral! The Cathedral is actually located within walking distance of our venue and the hotel that we blocked rooms at - so it is now super convenient for all of our guests! To make matters even sweeter...the ceremony with be at 4:00 PM - so now our ceremony and reception will be seamless! 

The Cathedral isn't the easiest of places to get for a wedding. It is the mother church of the Diocese of Pittsburgh and is lead by Bishop David Zubik. In addition, it's breathtakingly beautiful so it is highly sought after! It took A LOT of prayers to land it and I am so thankful for all who came together and prayed for it for me :-) God heard us and I know deep down this is His plan and what He wanted all along :-) I now invite you to take in it's beauty!!!

I just feel so blessed to be able to come before God and take Patrick to be my husband in this historic and holy place!

Other developments this week...I found my invitations, scheduled our engagement photos (November 6th), finally picked out a color to accompany my grey (pale pink), started our "wedsite" and found the place where my Bridal Shower will take place (Donatos!! Thanks for the recommendation Jordy!). I hope I continue moving this way!!! Patrick has also been on the ball! He finally found our Honeymoon destination -- we think! I'll share all those details when we for sure book at this resort :-) It's beautiful and I can hardly wait to go there as "Maggie Bailey" :-)

Have a GREAT week! Look forward to the next post as it's going to be jam packed with lots of fun stuff :-) Until then!

1 comment:

  1. Maggie, so happy for you! I love reading this! :)

    ReplyDelete