October 30, 2010

Falling For Nashville...

If you know me, then you probably know how much I adore Fall! It is my favorite time of the year for more then one reason. I love the colors that surround me and the scents in the air. I love that it's still warm outside yet not hot or cold. I LOVE football! I love that we cover up our bodies in jeans, sweaters and scarfs. And I'm obsessed with anything pumpkin flavored...pumpkin icecream from Brusters, pumpkin blizzards from Dairy Queen, pumpkin cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory, my Aunt Sharon's should-be famous pumpkin roll recipe...I can go on and on!! (obviously this isn't the best time to be less then 5 months away from your wedding!)

Anyhow, when Patrick and I talk about the future and where we will one day live I always tell him I absolutely cannot sacrifice Fall. I've told him I will relocate for him but the place we move to absolutely has to have a Fall season. After being in Nashville this weekend I feel like we could have a home and start a family there! :-)

I got to visit before and I had fun, but it was a rushed visit. This time we had all day Saturday to explore and have fun together. I loved what I saw, and most importantly, I loved what I felt. :-)

While Patrick was at his morning run through practice, I got ready for the day and spent some time on his deck reading. It was so relaxing and wonderful. Moments like these are glorious! Nothing spectacular, just a perfect time. When he got back we ended up heading out to grab a bite to eat. I was surprised when he told ME to drive! So I drove down the road as he directed and we got some sandwiches at "Penn Station Sub Shop"...delicious! I should add we later ate at a place called "San Antonio Taco Company"...not so good! Patrick was of course drawn to it as he's from San Antonio. I told him everything is better in Pennsylvania and he rebutted by saying "Texas can't be copied" - HAHAHA! It's a fun little rivalry we have :-)

We spent most of the afternoon at a place called "Centennial Park". It was really close to the Vanderbilt University campus. It was so pretty inside the park with the leaves all changing colors :-) We even saw two weddings...how ironic!

After a nice stroll around the park we landed ourselves on one of the many unique swings in the park.
It was here that we captured what could be my favorite photo of us thus far...
Every picture has some sort of story and I love the story behind this one...So Patrick is infamous for giving me bunny ears in pictures. I usually have no clue but am slowly but surely catching on. Because he's so tall I can never get him back. Well since we were sitting I knew for once I could get him back! So I put up the ears and because we were on a rocker he felt my hand bump his head...right when he snapped the picture! He knew and I knew that he knew and as a result we got one of my favorite pictures ever! I think I love it so much because it's just one of our typical moments! When we're together and even when we're apart we are always laughing at some inside joke - finally it was captured! I also love that the moment looks as good as it felt :-)

Shortly after this Patrick came up with a good idea...We've been talking a lot about the future and what's in store for us. I know that if there isn't a lockout in the NFL this year that we will most likely be relocating come June or July. It's a bit scary for me but I am all in and willing. I've worked hard to build my career and I love what I do so it's sad to realize that I may not be able to continue what I do now as we will most likely live 8 months out of the year in one location (wherever he's playing - hopefully Tennessee!) and 4 months back in Pittsburgh. Given that scenario it will be tough to find someone to hire me in a full-time position. I'm passionate about working and have since I was 14 so I don't intend on not working just because of the situation! So lately I've been trying to brainstorm ideas of things I could do. Patrick suggested that maybe starting a photography business could be good for me - as I could do this anywhere! I loved the idea and quickly got to work directing my man on where to go and what to do. I didn't take the pictures per say - I mean Patrick's arm is a lot longer then mine - which helps! But I did come up with the ideas! Check em out!

We had so much fun! Now here are some idea's my love brainstormed...He may have a knack for photography as well!
After out little photoshoot we grabbed dinner and I dropped Patrick off at the team hotel. From there I drove his car "Baby" back to his apartment...it was scary to say the least! If I ever did anything to Baby...well I don't want to find out what would happen!!! But I got her back safe and sound - and went nowhere the rest of the night! LOL!

Sunday morning I picked Patrick up at the hotel and he then drove us to the game. The Titans played the Eagles and won 37-19! The first half was pretty uneventful but the second half was like watching a whole different team! They played great and secured their 5th win giving them a 5-2 record.

I really need to make some friends of other significant others of teammates! I'm a big loner when there! I sat all by myself...I'm sure it will come eventually, and I look forward to it!

After the game and dinner Patrick and I got a little bit of wedding stuff done. We got our church papers signed and we started selecting some music to be played at the wedding. We started trying to pick out our first dance song...lol! Let's just say Patrick picked out a legit pick with Michael Buble's song "Feeling Good"...but try dancing to it!!! We were laughing so hard as we tried to get on beat...which was impossible! Needless to say I think we better hit the drawing board again lol. We'll find it I'm sure, but just haven't yet.

Other wedding news...My dieting has been strong! So far I'm down 7 pounds in 5 weeks :-) Also, some of the components of my centerpieces are in! Good stuff! So I'm moving right along.

This week I have another appointment with a florist. Next weekend Patrick will be in and we will be doing lots of fun stuff like registering, sampling our menu and cake, meeting with our priest and engagement photos :-) I can't wait to see him!!! You'll hear all about it so stop back again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment